AQA GCSE Mathematics
Unit Code: 8300
How To Revise For GCSE Mathematics
This section provides revision resources for the new 9-1 GCSE mathematics specification for the AQA exam board. This specification is being taught from September 2015 with the first exams in June 2017.
The specification unit code is 8300.
- You can find the GCSE Specification for mathematics here.
When are the GCSE Maths exams?
- The exam itself consists of three exam papers.
- Due to the Coronavirus, the 2020 exams have been cancelled.
- Paper 1: Non-Calculator 8300/1H – Higher – (May/June 2021)
- Paper 2: Calculator 8300/2H – Higher – (May/June 2021)
- Paper 3: Calculator 8300/3H – Higher – (May/June 2021)
What topics will I be learning?
There are a total of 6 topics (chapters) within your GCSE mathematics course that you will need to learn.
The topics you will be learning include:
- Ratio, proportion and rates of change
- Geometry and measures
- Definition of numbers
- Rational or irrational numbers
- Prime Numbers
- Prime Factors
- Squared and Cubed numbers
- Lowest Common Multiple
- Highest Common Factor
- Imperial and Metric Units
- Laws of Indices
- Equivalent/cancelling down fractions
- Mixed numbers
- Multiplying fractions
- Dividing fractions
- Common denominators
- Adding and subtracting fractions
- Finding the fraction of something
- Percentages, decimals and fractions
- Converting decimals to fractions
- Recurring/terminating numbers
- Recurring fractions to decimals
- Recurring decimals to fractions
- Rounding numbers
- Algebra – coming soon!
- Graph – coming soon!
Ratio, proportion and rates of change
- Ratio, proportion and rates of change – coming soon!
Geometry and measures
- Formulation of testable hypotheses – coming soon!
- Geometry and measures subtopics go here – coming soon!
- Pythagoras subtopics go here – coming soon!
- Trigonometry subtopics go here – coming soon!
- Probability subtopics go here – coming soon!
- Statistics subtopics go here – coming soon!
Past Exam Papers & Mark Schemes
- AQA GCSE Mathematics Paper 1 Exam Paper 8300/1H 2019
- AQA GCSE Mathematics Paper 2 Exam Paper 8300/2H 2019
- AQA GCSE Mathematics Paper 3 Exam Paper 8300/3H 2019
Time Left Until First Exam (cancelled!)
Latest 9-1 GCSE Fully Covered
No Expensive Textbooks Required
Create an Account & Get Started
Workbook / Resources
Past Exam Papers / Mark Schemes
Hi, I’m Nayan and I help produce, format and maintain the content for the GCSE Mathematics course.
Got a question? Drop a comment below or simply email me
Private Student? Home Learning or Retaking Your Exams?
No problem! You can take all the GCSE and A-level exams at our approved exam centre in the East Midlands.
Find out more.
Link To Us
Find our website helpful?
Link to this page from your school website and get free resources. Simples.
Check Out These Related Posts
When are the GCSE exams for 2020?Which exam board are you studying? To know the dates for your GCSE exams for 2020, you firstly need to identify which exam board you are studying for your subject. There are 4 main exam boards which are AQA, Edexcel (Pearson), OCR and...
How To Revise For GCSE Psychology The ultimate step-by-step guide for students, teachers and private students. The first question to ask yourself when revising for GCSE psychology is which exam board am I studying? There are 4 main exam boards used in the UK. They...