AQA GCSE Psychology Revision
(Unit code: 8182)
If you are a teacher or school teaching AQA GCSE Psychology topics; you can support your students learning by linking to this page on your school subject page.
Exam for GCSE Psychology Paper 1 (8182/1)
Start time: pm
Duration: 1h 45m
Exam for GCSE Psychology Paper 2 (8182/2)
Start time: pm
Duration: 1h 45m
AQA GCSE Psychology Past Exam Papers and Mark Schemes
- GCSE Psychology 2017 Exam Paper 1
- GCSE Psychology 2017 Paper 1 Mark Scheme
- GCSE Psychology 2017 Exam Paper 2
- GCSE Psychology 2017 Paper 2 Mark Scheme
- GCSE Psychology 2016 Exam Paper 1
- GCSE Psychology 2016 Paper 1 Mark Scheme
- GCSE Psychology 2016 Exam Paper 2
- GCSE Psychology 2016 Paper 2 Mark Scheme
- GCSE Psychology 2015 Exam Paper 1
- GCSE Psychology 2015 Paper 1 Mark Scheme
- GCSE Psychology 2015 Exam Paper 2
- GCSE Psychology 2015 Paper 2 Mark Scheme
- GCSE Psychology 2014 Exam Paper 1
- GCSE Psychology 2014 Paper 1 Mark scheme
- GCSE Psychology 2014 Exam Paper 2
- GCSE Psychology 2014 Paper 2 Mark Scheme
- Processes of memory: encoding (input) storage and retrieval (output)
- Structures of memory
- Memory as an active process
Memory – Paper 1.
- Sensation and perception
- Visual cues and constancies
- Gibson’s direct theory of perception – the influence of nature
- Visual illusions
- Gregory’s constructivist theory of perception – the influence of nature
- Factors affecting perception
Perception – Paper 1.
- Early brain development
- Piaget’s stage theory and the development of intelligence
- The role of Piaget’s theory in education
- The effects of learning on development
Development – Paper 1.
- Formulation of testable hypotheses
- Types of variable
- Sampling methods
- Designing research
- Research procedures
- Planning and conducting research
- Ethical considerations
- Quantitative and qualitative data
- Primary and secondary data
- Descriptive statistics
- Interpretation and display of quantitative data
- Normal distributions
Research Methods – Paper 1.
- Prosocial behaviour
- Crowd and collective behaviour
Social Influence – Paper 2.
- The possible relationship between language and thought
- The effect of language and thought on our view of the world
- Differences between human and animal communication
- Non-verbal communication
- Explanations of non-verbal behaviour
Language, Thought and Communication – Paper 2.
- Structure and function of the nervous system
- Neuron structure and function
- Structure and function of the brain
- An introduction to neuropsychology
Brain and Neuropsychology – Paper 2.
- An introduction to mental health
- How the incidence of significant mental health problems changes over time
- Effects of significant mental health problems on individuals and society
- Characteristics of clinical depression
- Theories of depression
- Interventions or therapies for depression
- Characteristics of addiction
- Theories of addiction
- Interventions or therapies for addiction
Psychological problems – Paper 2.
On the left we have all the topics we need to learn for AQA GCSE psychology. We have a total of 8 topics in total spread over 2 exam papers. Each exam paper is worth 50% of the overall GCSE and is 1hr 45 minutes long. Each paper is worth 100 marks each (200 marks in total over the two exam papers). The questions consist of multiple choice, short answers and extended writing questions.