AQA GCSE Psychology
Unit Code: 8182
How To Revise For GCSE Psychology
This section provides revision resources for the new 9-1 GCSE psychology specification for the AQA exam board. This specification is being taught from September 2017 with the first exams in June 2019.
The specification unit code is 8182.
- You can find the GCSE Specification for psychology here.
- If you are studying KS5 and A-level Psychology, you can click the button below for resources covering this.
Schools can get all our resources for free; simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Complete oven-baked resources perfect for teachers and students learning AQA GCSE Psychology
When are the GCSE Psychology exams?
- The exam itself consists of two papers.
- Paper 1 has the unit code 8182/1.
- Paper 2 has the unit code 8182/2.
- The Paper 1 exam is on CANCELLED (PM) and is 1hr 45 minutes.
- The Paper 2 exam is on CANCELLED (PM) and is 1hr 45 minutes.
What topics will I be learning?
There are a total of 8 topics (chapters) within your GCSE Psychology course that you will need to learn.
Paper 1 will consist of the following topics:
- Research Methods
Paper 2 will consist of the following topics:
- Social Influence
- Language, Thought and Communication
- Brain Neuropsychology
- Psychological Problems
You can find all the chapters and revision resources covering everything you need to know for your exams below.
Chapter 1: Memory
- Processes of memory: encoding (input) storage and retrieval (output)
- Structures of memory
- Memory as an active process
Chapter 2: Perception
- Sensation and perception
- Visual cues and constancies
- Gibson’s direct theory of perception – the influence of nature
- Visual illusions
- Gregory’s constructivist theory of perception – the influence of nature
- Factors affecting perception
Chapter 3: Development
- Early brain development
- Piaget’s stage theory and the development of intelligence
- The role of Piaget’s theory in education
- The effects of learning on development
Chapter 4: Research Methods
- Formulation of testable hypotheses
- Types of variable
- Sampling methods
- Designing research
- Research procedures
- Planning and conducting research
- Ethical considerations
- Quantitative and qualitative data
- Primary and secondary data
- Descriptive statistics
- Interpretation and display of quantitative data
- Normal distributions
Chapter 5: Social Influence
- Prosocial behaviour
- Crowd and collective behaviour
Chapter 6: Language, Thought and Communication
- The possible relationship between language and thought
- The effect of language and thought on our view of the world
- Differences between human and animal communication
- Non-verbal communication
- Explanations of non-verbal behaviour
Chapter 7: Brain Neuropsychology
- Structure and function of the nervous system
- Neuron structure and function
- Structure and function of the brain
- An introduction to neuropsychology
Chapter 8: Psychological Problems
- An introduction to mental health
- How the incidence of significant mental health problems changes over time
- Effects of significant mental health problems on individuals and society
- Characteristics of clinical depression
- Theories of depression
- Interventions or therapies for depression
- Characteristics of addiction
- Theories of addiction
- Interventions or therapies for addiction
Past Exam Papers & Mark Schemes
- AQA GCSE Psychology Paper 1 Exam Paper 2019
- AQA GCSE Psychology Paper 2 Exam Paper 2019
- AQA GCSE Psychology Paper 1 Mark Scheme 2019
- AQA GCSE Psychology Paper 2 Mark Scheme 2019
- AQA GCSE Psychology Paper 1 Exam Paper 2018
- AQA GCSE Psychology Paper 2 Exam Paper 2018
- AQA GCSE Psychology Paper 1 Mark Scheme 2018
- AQA GCSE Psychology Paper 2 Mark Scheme 2018
Time Left Until First Exam (cancelled!)
- The video above gives you a breakdown of your GCSE Psychology course.
- Simply create an account and start learning right away.
- It’s completely free.
Latest 9-1 GCSE Fully Covered
No Expensive Textbooks Required
Create an Account & Get Started
Workbook / Resources
Past Exam Papers / Mark Schemes
Hi, I’m Shae and I help produce, format and maintain the content for the GCSE psychology course.
Got a question? Drop a comment below or simply email me.
Private Student? Home Learning or Retaking Your Exams?
No problem! You can take all the GCSE and A-level exams at our approved exam centre in the East Midlands.
Find out more.
Link To Us
Find our website helpful?
Link to this page from your school website and get free resources. Simples.
Check Out These Related Posts
When are the GCSE exams for 2020?Which exam board are you studying? To know the dates for your GCSE exams for 2020, you firstly need to identify which exam board you are studying for your subject. There are 4 main exam boards which are AQA, Edexcel (Pearson), OCR and...
How To Revise For GCSE Psychology The ultimate step-by-step guide for students, teachers and private students. The first question to ask yourself when revising for GCSE psychology is which exam board am I studying? There are 4 main exam boards used in the UK. They...